Tuesday, August 18, 2015

The American Gun Has Arrived!

Hello everyone!

My French 12 pounder cannon arrived from Brigade Games today. She will be pressed into American service for use against the dastardly British circa 1812.


Unfortunately, I think that I am going to have to put my 28mm artillery on bases larger than the 40mm x 50mm bases I currently use for my 1:72/15mm artillery. There just isn't the room to fit both the larger gun and the figures around it. After doing some exploratory measurements, I believe that a 50mm x 70mm base will be the way to go; it will have the same general overall proportions as the smaller artillery bases, while giving me enough room for both crew and gun. That said, I'll start working on my new gun tonight!

Coming soon: my completed American artillery stand. I've also made a number of purchases since my last post, mainly 28mm figures. I went ahead and got all of the American artillery crew figures that I needed as well as a pack of American officers from Foundry, and two more cannons from Brigade Games. I also ordered some West Indies troops in round hats and some command figures, which will be the 1st West India Regiment that fought at New Orleans. They'll be an interesting mix of figures from a couple of different manufacturers, but I like mixing and matching.

Questions, comments and criticisms are always welcomed and appreciated. Thanks for looking!

-Chuck

No comments:

Post a Comment