Wednesday, July 22, 2015

Great Deal on a New Rulebook Expansion (For Me)

Hello everyone!

It seems like all I do is post more books to this blog nowadays instead of minis... oh well. Another book came in the mail for me... yesterday? I'm pretty sure it was yesterday. Here's Triumph of Nations, the 1809-1815 expansion for Field of Glory: Napoleonic, written by Terry Shaw and Mike Horah.

Triumph of Nations, written by Terry Shaw and Mike Horah
As readers of this blog may or may not know, I picked up the core set of rules, Field of Glory: Napoleonic, back in January for use as a "big battles" ruleset. Triumph of Nations is a supplement to the core rules, establishing army lists for number of different campaigns in from late 1809 through the 100 Days and the final defeats of Napoleon in 1815. Useful to me in particular are the lists for the French invasion of Russia in 1812, which includes both Russian and French/Allied army lists. This is but one of many campaigns covered, however, with lists for the 1809 Austrian Campaign, the British Walcheren Expedition, the Russo-Turkish Wars, the 1813 Campaign, the 1814 Invasion of France, and the 1815/100 Days Campaigns. While I normally game the Peninsula, the 1812 Invasion of Russia and the American War of 1812, a lot of these other army lists make my mouth water a little bit... must resist!

Really the only reason I picked this book up was because I found it cheap. Whilst browsing through the discount section of one of my favorite online wargaming stores, I saw that this one had been added. While normally selling for $34.95 (or so the back cover tells me), I paid a mere $8.74! I couldn't pass up that kind of deal, even if it isn't 100% tailored to what I normally game.

Scattered throughout the book are snippets of information about the campaigns covered, which his handy for any scholar of the period. The quality of the book is excellent; well laid out, nice printing, and nice solid hardback cover. All in all I'm quite pleased with this purchase.

Coming soon: maybe some more French that I started back in May and never finished. I did put the flock on those older bases from when I didn't have Elmer's glue, so I'll post some follow up pictures of those as well.

Questions, comments and criticisms are always welcomed and appreciated. Thanks for looking!

-Chuck

No comments:

Post a Comment