Friday, December 26, 2014

The Regimento de Infanteria de Linea de Espana del Rey, and Christmas

Hello everyone!

I hope that everyone had a very Merry Christmas. I know I sure did... I ate way too much, but it's a good thing to spend time with the family. Anyways, I managed to finish up the Regimento del Rey today, and I took some pictures.

(Remember to click on the pictures for bigger versions.)

The four stands I finished up today.

The Regimento del Rey drawn up into line.


El Regimento de Infanteria de Linea de Espana del Rey, or "The King of Spain's Line Infantry Regiment." Under the 1808 regulations, Spain's infantry regiments were named, not numbered.
These guys are a combination of the AWI figures I bought over a year ago, the AWI figures in the lot I bought last week, and some converted Heritage French as the Granaderos. These gentlemen are wearing the white 1806 uniform faced in purple with purple collars, cuffs and turnback piping, with high black gaiters and bicornes. Due to the somewhat haphazard nature of these figures' origins, they have a bunch of different equipment sculpted on them, which isn't nescessarily a bad thing. The Spanish Army during the first few years of the Peninsular War was woefully ill-equipped and put into service equipment from mny nations, both ally and enemy alike; I've tried to reflect a mixture of French and British equipment into the mix, namely British canteens and French packs, where appropriate. Most of the figures just have a cartridge pouch and a musket and bayonet, which I would say most Spanish soldiers would be lucky to have if they had that. I've painted the Regimento del Rey in full dress uniforms; after the uprising in Madrid on May 2, 1808 I would doubt if the Regiment would ever again look this good.

Fusilier and Grenadier of the Regimento del Rey in the 1806 uniform.
This is also the last unit I needed to paint for the game that I want to play next week. All I really need to do is to finish up some small terrain items and I'll be ready.

And now, some of the Christmas presents I recieved that may be of interest to my fellow wargamers:

A new organizer box for my Napoleonic figures; the old one is in the background, and was full (note the figures sitting on top of the box). This box can hold up to eighteen units. Also note the labels.

Another, different box. It has the large drawers in the bottom for units, and a bunch of small boxes in the top. These small boxes will organize my spare figures.

Adrian Goldsworthy's newest Napoleonic fiction Novel Run Them Ashore. I already own the first four in the series and am looking forward to reading this one. Mr. Goldsworthy's novels are quite good, and different from book series such as Sharpe and Aubrey/Maturin. You can check his site out for more information.

Some new brushes, which I needed badly. The ones I got for Christmas last year were wearing out.

All in all a pretty good Christmas, and these are just the Napoleonic items. With me joining the Navy I also recieved a bunch of books on the U.S. and Confederate Navies during the American Civil War, which are pretty cool. I don't think I'll have enough time to read them all before I report in February, though...

Coming soon: I'll probably finish up the terrain I need for next week's game first; all I need to do is to base p the trees from the Toob I got at Hobby Lobby, and make a Roman bridge. I'll throw myself upon the 1/88th after the terrain is done.

Questions, comments and suggestions are always welcomed and appreciated. Thanks for looking!

-Chuck

No comments:

Post a Comment