Thursday, December 4, 2014

19e Regiment d'Infanterie de Ligne

Hello everyone!

Well, I can't say that being unemployed doesn't have its perks. Sitting around the house with nothing to do as you wait for prospective employers to call you back gives you quite a bit of time to do other things... namely, paint! Today I was able to pull my thumb out and finish up the last three stands for a unit that has long been languishing away half done. Here in their completely-painted, white-uniformed French magesty is the 19e Regiment d'Infanterie de Ligne.

(Remember to click on the pictures for bigger versions.)


First up, the three stands I finished today. From l to r: Grenadier Company, Fusilier Company, Fusilier Company. 

The whole of the 19e, drawn up into line.

The 19e in march attack column.

The 19e in square. The kneeling front rank really sells the "in square" look.
 
The 19e in column of march.
As I explained when I first started painting the 19e a long time ago (has it really been over a year? Wow... time sure flies), these figures are a mix of old Heritage 15mm French (the standing figures) and RISK game pieces (the kneeling figures). They are all painted to represent the quickly-discontinued white uniforms that Napoleon re-introduced to the French Army in 1806. The 19e had red cuffs, facings, collars and turnbacks. They also got an 1804 pattern Eagle; a bit more on that here.

So, that's one more French unit done! Enough for a small brigade now; I'm hoping that with a little elbow grease I'll be able to play a game utilizing nothing but my own figures within the next month or so. That's probably wishful thinking, but I can dream, can't I?

Coming soon: Not the 3e Hussars (damn them!) nor Sergeant Masterson. Tonight I went through my lead pile and pulled out the all the figures I needed to finish up my battery of French Foot Artillery, including guns, battery captain and limber. I've already stuck them to their painting bases, so I'll prime them up tonight and get started on them soon.

As always, questions, comments and criticisms are always welcomed and appreciated. Thanks for looking!

-Chuck

No comments:

Post a Comment