Tuesday, November 12, 2013

MOAR French Hussars!

Hello everyone!
 
I was able to finish up another stand of 3e Hussars today. These chaps represent one of the 3e's line companies. (Remember to click on the pictures for bigger versions.)
 




As with the command stand, two of these figures (the flanking models) are made by Heritage, while the center figure is made by Essex. The Essex horses are quite a bit chunkier than the Heritage ones, but they are about the same height once everything is glued to the based. The Essex mini actually has had a head-swap: He was originally cast with a colpack, which I am saving for the 3e's elite company, and, needing one more shako-headed mini, I cut the head off of a 1/72 plastic British Rifleman, trimmed it down and glued it on. I don't think it looks all that bad, either, if I do say so myself.

Coming up: probably more 3e Hussars. I've now completed two stands of the 3e Hussars, leaving only four more stands to go. However, I'm reminded of how much I hate painting horses, even in 15mm, so we'll see how many more stands I can soldier through before I break down and have to paint more infantry. :)

Questions, comments and critcisms are always welcomed and appreciated. Thanks for looking!

-Chuck

No comments:

Post a Comment