Sunday, May 20, 2012

A Weekend's Progress

Here's what I managed to paint up over the weekend:

A 5.5 inch howitzer, or "obusier de 5.5 pouces," of the French foot artillery (artillerie a pied). These are Heritage miniatures with an AB howitzer.


Scale wise, the AB gun is a little large for the Heritage gunners, but it isn't easily discernable from most angles.


I think they look pretty good myself. For as small as they are the Heritage minis have quite a bit of detail, save for the faces, which are a bit muddled.


An the last stand of fusiliers from the 8e Ligne. These are from AB.


The green of their pom poms is purposefully bright, as I wanted to easily differentiate them from the darker green of the voltiguers.


This leaves the battalion only one stand (the grenadier company) shy of being complete. I should have them done (hopefuly) before the week's out and I'm off to my summer training.

Two more orders came in yesterday; one was from Eureka USA with the AB guns, Portuguese line and Russian command figures, and the other was an eBay win of some Minifigs British in Belgic shakos. As such, they're destined to become part of the 4th (King's Own) Regiment of Foot and will be slated to fight my Americans in New Orleans.

Well, that's all for now. Thanks for looking!

-Chuck

No comments:

Post a Comment